Monday, January 4, 2016

CES 2016 - robots, drones, wearables and smart home


Here's a summary from BBC technology of CES in Las Vagas this year. I like the idea of the Fleye a drone that has protected rotors. The robots in the article are focussed on the traditional idea of a robot i.e. the kind of thing that was in 'Lost in Space'.

Anyway I think that soon we will just accept that drones are robots as they do fall into the description: "a machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically, especially one programmable by a computer".

Smart homes will continue to be developed. I am surprised frankly how slow the ideas are making progress. I do like the idea of the Amazon Trilby fridge speaker but I think the true genius will be when we have a production version of the speakers that are like a sheet of material - I am sure that there are inexhaustable uses.

No comments:

Post a Comment